On-the-Job Training (OJT) is one strategy for individuals to receive training funded through the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
OJT provides reimbursements to employers to help compensate for the costs associated with skills upgrade training. OJT training can assist employers who are looking to expand their businesses and who need additional staff trained with specialized skills. OJT employers may receive up to 50% of the wage rate of OJT trainees to help defray personnel training costs.
- Provides knowledge or skills essential to the full and adequate performance of the job;
- Provides reimbursements to the employer for the costs associated with training the OJT trainee.
- Reimbursements up to 75% of trainee's hourly wage
- Employer makes all hiring decisions
- Employers save recruiting, screening and training costs
- Length of training is negotiable
- OJT trainees are managed like regular employees.
For more information related to this program, please contact the Imperial County Workfoce Development Office staff at (442)265-4963.